Lots of trash talk today - some would make Oscar quite sad.
But first back to the fires. Some idiot flew a drone over the Bighorn Fire operations shutting down all air response. Our firefighters have enough danger in their jobs without help from clueless jerks looking for an aeriel photo op.
Waking up this morning the house smelled like our friend’s man cave when he has his smoker going. While the heavy smoke drift remains visible to the west, the less obvious cloud is creeping across the area. Fortunately we have both AC and a swamp cooler, so my son got the cooler up and running this morning. For those not familiar with this Arizona ritual, a swamp cooler involves air passing through wet “media”. The air is cooled by evaporation but the wet media also acts as a filter. As you open windows, the cool air also causes positive pressure so you’re constantly getting fresh filtered, cooled, humidified air. It’s much pleasanter than the AC except for those few humid days during monsoon.
Meanwhile - Tucker Carlson Rails Against Elmo And His Dad In Bonkers New Rant. I can see why this crazy shit appeals to many (you really ought to watch the entire video). It’s total fear mongering and race baiting with a few dog whistles tossed in.
For a lot of Older Folks like me its been challenging to sort through a lot of what’s going on. I see the George Floyd murder as a tipping point — a culmination of several recent abuses piled on top of decades of abuse. But don’t be in my face telling me I’m incapable of emphasizing because I’m white. Don’t blame me for what happened during the early years of our country’s history. My grandparents, as were many of my friends’, were immigrants fleeing persecution.
I want to support reconciliation and reform. But I see George Floyd as a symbol, not a saint. I support freedom of speech - but detest the fear mongering people like Tucker Carlson are employing.
