Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nicked and Ticked

I just got hit last Sunday with a $459 fraudulent debit card charge from I Web Technologies in Montreal, CA. To add insult, there was also a $4.59 foreign transaction fee, plus an overdraft fee.


I closed my card and will be reimbursed, but it's still a royal pita. On Sunday, I was a lot more concerned with wondering if I would be able to buy groceries and put gas in my car than looking for web hosting. 

This is, possibly, an error as "scams" are often smaller, less noticeable amounts - like the $12.95's in another blog's thread - many people would simply overlook that amount. I got caught a few years ago where someone was debiting my checking account for small, varying amounts for a few months - I was in the middle of building a house and didn't notice it. Had to close my checking account (major bummer). 

If anyone else gets ticked by I Web Technologies, would like to hear.

If you are I Web Technologies and are legit, you might want to find out who's impersonating you. This is what I found when I Googled I Web Technologies.