I began this blog eleven years ago to journal my thoughts as I pursued life. Now I feel that time is fleeting and, at times, that life has somehow sifted through my fingers. I took this blog private for a while to chronicle my cancer challenges for my family and supporters but have decided I now need to concentrate more on living with cancer than my life being about cancer. I don't have time to ruminate on whether I may live another year, another ten or even more.

I plan to use this blog to return to something I've loved since I was a child - writing. Being a Gemini I'm a typical "jack of all trades" and there's little that doesn't interest me - and I have an opinion on all of it. One of my main disappointments in life has always been that there isn't enought time to learn about everything there is to learn about.
“The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.” Albert Eienstein
Some of my friends find my musings too liberal, while others will likely think they are far too conservative -- which, I hope, puts me somewhere in the middle of thoughtful common sense. I abhor labels, close mindedness and extremism in all aspects of life and can usually respect the many sides of an argument - in real life there are rarely only two sides. My opinions are subjet to change as I become aware of new information and context.
I like to think that one gift of aging is to gain some insight and perspective on life. If my thoughts bore you feel free to ignore me.
