Sunday, November 19, 2006

Never Know What Life Will Bring Today

Plato came up swollen and lame on the LH the other day - think he and the colt may have gotten into it. Swelling's almost down and he's moving fine but he's going to stay in with Choli to keep him company.
Everything's kind of on hold for a bit until I know what direction the house sale is going - I'll just consider it an opportunity to continue clearing stuff out. I would think that with all but one of my regular monthly bills totally online the paper burden would get smaller - but I still fill a garbage bag with junk mail every week. Been working the shredder overtime cleaning out file cabinets and have another four or five boxes of "stuff" to donate.
Getting rid of stuff is hard - I've never really been a pack rat but most of what I've collected over the years has a story or memory that goes along with it. Hopefully Ian will get settled and he will use/appreciate a lot of the things I'm not ready to let go of. Like tools. And the Cavalry horse my grandfather drew some 60 plus years ago.
If I'm to stay here for a while, then my current trailer is a keeper - some new tires and a Coleman stove and we're ready to go (with a tune-up for the truck).
Just have to stay open for all options - my daily motto that I repeat as I leave the house each morning has become "You never know what life will bring today".