Merlin was never "my" horse. My taste tends toward the Spanish breeds or old time Morgans and I think Merlin realized that. He really warmed up to the neighbor - a young boy who helped me around the barn at times.He has some issues - a confirmed cribber and a tendancy to flat feet and was abused at some time in his former life. When he first came here he had no idea how to socialize with another horse but after a few months became top dog.
Lost along with his former history are any papers he may have had - I was told he is a full Arab and he definitely can do those Arab "airs above the ground".
Two years of good nutrition and lots of turn out covered his "rafter hips" with some muscle and a coat that glows. We only did a couple of rides but he has a lovely floaty trot that you could sit forever.
Merlin was last seen being led down the road by Zachary to be a lesson horse at "From the Ground Up", where I'm sure he'll get the attention and primping he craves.